Pepperoni and Sweet Pickle Pizza
Expand your pizza horizons with a pizza that's sweet, salty, and absolutely delicious!
Makes: 1 (12- to 14-inch) pizza
- 1 (14- to 16-ounce) ball pizza dough
- ⅔ to ¾ cup New York Style Pizza Sauce (or your favorite store-bought sauce)
- 3 to 4 ounces low-moisture mozzarella cheese, grated (¾ to 1 cup)
- 24 slices pepperoni (about half of a 6-ounce package)
- ½ to 1 cup bread-and-butter pickle chips
Preheat the oven to 500°F (if using a baking sheet) or as high as it will go (if using a baking stone/steel; place the stone/steel in the bottom third of the oven before you start preheating). Let the oven preheat for at least 30 minutes. Then, if you’re using a baking stone or steel, switch the oven to Broil on high.
Stretch or roll out your dough to a 12- to 14-inch circle, then transfer it to an oiled or parchment-lined baking sheet or a lightly floured pizza peel (if using a baking stone/steel).
Spoon the sauce onto the dough and spread it out evenly, leaving a ½-inch border all around. Top with half of the cheese, then the pepperoni and pickles. Finish with the remaining cheese.
Transfer the pizza to the oven and bake until the crust is golden and the cheese has browned in spots—8 to 10 minutes on the baking sheet, 6 to 8 minutes on the baking stone/steel.
Remove the pizza from the oven. Let it cool for a few minutes, then slice and serve.