You won't find an easier or more flavorful pizza sauce than this no-cook marinara sauce. Simply combine five ingredients in a bowl, then stir them all together. That's it!
Since this marinara sauce is not cooked, the flavor of the tomatoes really shines through. So do me (and yourself) a favor and use the tastiest crushed tomatoes you can find. I love the Scalfani brand* because of its fresh, ultra-tomato-y taste and thick, sauce-like texture. If you can't find that brand or one that's comparable, feel free to pulse some high-quality whole peeled tomatoes in a food processor until they are very finely chopped but not yet pureed (you'll need 3 cups).
Looking for other sauces to add to your repertoire? Try my slow-simmered pizza sauce or zucchini pizza sauce! Or, when garlic scapes are in season, try my garlic scape pesto for a change. Once you have a handful of go-to sauces under your belt, you'll be a pizza pro in no time!
*As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Super-Easy Marinara Sauce
- Medium bowl
- Fork or whisk
- Measuring spoons
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes preferably Jersey Fresh brand
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 clove garlic minced or pressed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano optional
- Dump the tomatoes into a medium bowl and add the oil, salt, garlic, black pepper to taste, and the oregano (if using). Use a fork or whisk to stir everything together until all the oil is incorporated.
- Use immediately or let marinate for 15 minutes before using.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 6 months.