We all know that pizza soothes the soul. That's just a given. However, there are a few recipes I've made over the years that are especially cozy and luscious (and sometimes even a little boozy). These comfort food pizzas are basically hugs by the slice, and I can't think of a better time than the New Year to (re)share them with you.
Note: Because good nourishment and comfort go hand in hand, most of the recipes listed below include nutrient-rich veggies and herbs, as well as gooey melted cheese and, of course, a pillowy bed of carbs. In other words, these pizzas will love you as much as you'll love them. You're very welcome!
My Favorite Comfort Food Pizza Recipes
- Borscht Pizza with Beet Puree and Horseradish Cream
- Truffled Mac and Cheese Pizza
- Oyster Mushroom Pizza with Paprika and Chives
- Vegetarian Chili Pizza with Butternut Squash, Bell Pepper, Black Beans, Corn, and Cheddar
- Sweet-Hot Pepperoni Pizza with Broccoli Rabe
- Garlicky White Pizza with Diced Tomatoes
- Boozy French Onion Pizza
- Sheet Pan Grandma-Style Pizza with Sausage, Pepper, Onion, and Mushrooms
If you find the most comfort in simplicity, also check out my Margherita Pizza, Three-Cheese Pizza, or Cacio e Pepe Pizza.
A H says
Eight pizzas in one post?! I'm ready to sing, Peggy. Thanks for sharing!