Looking for a summer pizza recipe? How about ten? Read on to discover some of the best pizzas I've developed to celebrate all the fresh fruits and veggies this season has to offer.
1. Tomato and Peach Pizza with Herbed White Sauce
This summer pizza recipe is as beautiful as it is delicious. Plus, once you master the super-easy herbed white sauce, you can use it year-round to make all the white pizzas of your dreams.
2. BLT Pizza with Garlic Scape Aioli
I don't know about you, but for me, BLT sandwiches are one of the most anticipated summer delicacies. Here, I've pizzafied this perfect summer recipe (adding American cheese, just like my mom liked to do).
3. Cantaloupe and Prosciutto Pizza
If one of your favorite warm-weather party foods is cantaloupe and prosciutto salad, then this summer pizza recipe is the one for you.
4. Chipotle Creamed Corn Pizza
This recipe is loosely based on Mexican elote, grilled corn coated with mayonnaise, cotija cheese, chili powder, and cilantro.
5. Fresh Tomato Pizza with Homemade Pesto
Perhaps the most summery of the summer pizza recipes, this one is slathered with homemade pesto and topped with juicy slabs of fresh tomato.
6. Garlic Scape, Hakurei Turnip, and Pepperoni Pizza
7. Za'atar Eggplant Pizza with Tahini Sauce
Warm spices. Tender fresh eggplant. Creamy tahini sauce. Yummmm.
8. Twice-Grilled Margherita Pizza
Too hot for the oven? Heat up the grill instead!
9. BBQ Bacon, Corn, and Green Bell Pepper Pizza
Bell peppers and fresh corn are two of the most plentiful summer ingredients . . . so why not combine them on a pizza? You can't go wrong with the additions of barbecue sauce, bacon, scallions, and cheddar cheese.
10. Red Bell Pepper, Olive, and Manchego Pizza
This was one of my most unexpectedly delicious summer pizza recipe creations. It's so simple, yet has such a nuanced balance of flavors and textures. To amplify the Spanish flavors, enjoy it with a glass of Rioja.