Each season has its unique flavors, and summer's are the brightest. Scarlet tomatoes warm from plumping up in the sun. Slabs of eggplant charred until silky tender and eaten right off the grill. Peppers by the bushel in every color, shape, and piquancy imaginable. Gold kernels tightly packed on shucked ears of corn. Jammy, jewel-toned berries and stone fruits, and candy-sweet melons in electric pastels. Sure, you can preserve summer farmers' market hauls, but you and I both know these fruits and vegetables are best eaten fresh. Here are some of my favorite summer pizza recipes to help you savor these gems before they're gone.
MY TOP 8 SUMMER PIZZAS
- Blackberry, Rosemary, and Feta Pizza
- Garden Harvest Pizza with Young Kale, Peppers, and Chorizo
- Tomato and Peach Pizza with Herbed White Sauce
- BLT Pizza
- Za'atar Eggplant Pizza with Tahini Sauce
- Chipotle Creamed Corn Pizza
- Ratatouille Pizza
- Twice-Grilled Margherita Pizza
Looking for more summer pizzas? Click here. And, as always, tag me on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter with your own pizza creations. Happy pizza making!
Leave a Reply