Whether you're shopping for a pro or someone who's just beginning their homemade pizza journey, this gift list for pizza makers is a great place to start.
Read on for links to essential equipment, useful gadgets, serving platters, ingredients, pairings, fancy splurges, and pizza-related apparel and extras that your favorite pizza maker is sure to love.
Dough making equipment
- A set of stainless steel bowls with nonslip bottoms and airtight lids or glass mixing bowls with lids (the largest bowls are great for mixing and proofing dough, and the smaller ones are perfect for storing prepped-ahead toppings, grated cheeses, and sauces)
- Danish dough whisk (for mixing dough by hand)
- Raisenne Dough Riser* (for helping your dough rise reliably, even in the winter)
Pizza baking surfaces & accessories
- Cordierite baking stone, steel plate, or BakePlate* (check out this post and video for more about pizza baking surfaces for the home oven)
- Heavy-duty rimmed baking sheets (for those who like to make sheet pan pizzas or just don't want to keep a baking stone or steel plate in the oven)
- Metal pizza peel or nonstick pizza peel (for pizza makers who use or plan to use a baking stone or steel plate)
Cutting and serving tools
- Pizza cutter wheel
- Boska wooden-handled pizza cutter or curved pizza-cutting knife
- A pretty pizza-size serving platter like this one or this one or this one or this one
- Pizza slice plates
Ingredients & Accompaniments
- Locally made fresh mozzarella or hard aged cheese
- Artisanal cured meat
- Fancy olives, sun-dried tomatoes, and other shelf-stable pizza toppings
- Italian tipo "00" flour (for making truly authentic Neapolitan Pizza Dough)
- A 12-pack of Sclafani crushed tomatoes (for making the best no-cook Marinara sauce; 12 cans might seem excessive, but these tomatoes are that good. Trust me.)
- A bottle of Mike's Hot Honey (click here to learn why spicy honey belongs on pizza)
- High-quality extra-virgin olive oil
- Pizza Night Wine 3-Pack from Chaddsford Winery*
- A 3-class virtual pizza-making and beer-pairing class with yours truly!
- Outdoor pizza oven (my pick: Ooni Karu*)
- Large cutting and serving board like this one or this one
- TriPizza 47-inch Italian pizza tools*
Pizza Paraphernalia & Books
- My book, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Pizza Cookbook
- Fun shirts like this one or this one or this one from Etsy.com
- These handcrafted pizza earrings
- Pizza-themed reusable paper towels
- Pizza socks (that come in a mini pizza box)
*I received this item from the manufacturer for free; however, it is listed in this post because I actually use it and recommend it to anyone who is interested in making pizza at home.
Disclaimer: As an Amazon associate, I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Leave a Reply